Code for Nepal is a registered non-profit in the US working to increase digital literacy and the use of open data in Nepal. Over the past five years, Code for Nepal has built several products, organized conferences and provided scholarships to create more opportunities for Nepalis.
In addition to our ongoing projects, Code for Nepal is launching a new Fellowship Program for young Nepali women to learn coding.
Once they complete the technical training, Fellows of this new program will work closely to build, revamp and promote many of Code for Nepal’s products such as NepalMap.org, AskNepal.info, VisitJanakpur.com, Sangraha.org, as well as upcoming projects we have in the pipeline.
This real world experience will allow the Fellows to build their portfolio and help them gain competitive edge for the job market.
Code for Nepal is looking for a dynamic, talented and entrepreneurial Project Manager based in Kathmandu. He/She should be committed to digitally empowering Nepal and to support our Fellowship program and existing projects and partnerships. This is a part-time position for 10 hours a week working remotely and
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Implement, coordinate, direct and maintain Code for Nepal Fellowship program, including preparation of Fellowship submission and agreements form, monitoring and maintaining regular contact with Fellows.
- Serve as liaison between Code for Nepal staff, Fellows and training provider and the public to provide information and resources regarding Fellowship program.
- Formulate and implement a communications plan to promote the Fellowship program.
- Serve as a project manager for Code for Nepal ongoing projects including Ask Nepal, NepalMap and Visit Janakpur to ensure projects are on track.
- Work with Code for Nepal management team to manage project pipeline and various partnerships.
- Liaise with Code for Nepal volunteers to ensure volunteers are finding their engagement with Code for Nepal meaningful and contributing to Code for Nepal projects.
This position requires strong project management skills, relationship building, understanding of Nepali tech industry, open data, media and marketing fluency, and an ability to work with a diverse set of colleagues who are committed to digitally empowering Nepal. A candidate must have a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years of full-time professional experience.
Roshan Ghimire, Operations and Marketing Director, Code for Nepal
How to apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by March 20 with your monthly compensation expectation. The subject of the email should be Project Manager Application.