Data Fellowship 2021
We are pleased to announce that applications are open for Data Fellowship. The objective of this fellowship organized by Code for Nepal and Open Knowledge Nepal is to help Nepalis, inside and outside of Nepal, especially those who are impacted by COVID-19, build their data skills. Nepali women around the world, youths and professionals, from Provinces 2 and 6 are highly encouraged to apply.
Data Fellows will get access to Premium DataCamp subscription (usually it costs $399/year) and support for career opportunities, & networking.
We are grateful to DataCamp for donating access to their expert-led data skill training. DataCamp offers online training for all data skills and levels, from non-coding essentials for business to data science and machine learning, all taught by leading experts in the field. DataCamp is used by 1,600+ companies such as Google, Uber, PayPal and others to build skills of their employees.
Every Nepali interested in learning new skills can apply. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. See below for details about the Fellowship and apply!
About the scholarship program
The Data Fellowship by Code for Nepal and Open Knowledge Nepal includes:
- A DataCamp Premium subscription to take courses and earn certificates. (It usually costs USD 300/year.)
- Opportunity to publish 2-4 data visualizations and blog posts via organizers website
- A four-week virtual internship program with organizers and partners.
- Profile building and boosting via the organizer network.
- A digital certificate from Open Knowledge Nepal and Code for Nepal after the completion of the fellowship.
Step 1: DataCamp Course
Fellows should complete the DataCamp course in the given timeframe to enhance their data and digital skills.
Step 2: Assignment
Fellows should submit the assignment in the form of a blog post or data visualization that can be published.
Step 3: Soft Skills Development
Fellows will go through the soft skills development training.
Step 4: Support
Fellows get an opportunity to further contribute to civic technology and data projects, and mentorship to look for jobs or internship opportunities.
For those who are already employed or have bachelors degree, only Step 1 and Step 2 are required to complete this Fellowship program.
Learning outcomes of the fellowship
- Learn or sharpen data, open-source, and web development skills.
- Develop soft skills such as marketing, public speaking, and negotiation skills.
- Networking within the technology industry
- Learn project Management and portfolio building
- Application Open: February 12, 2021
- Deadline to Apply: Rolling till April 30, 2021
Applicants must meet the following criteria to apply
- Able to complete the program by committing at least 5-10 hours per week for 1st 2-3 months. Time commitment depends on career track selected by the applicant.
- Curiosity to learn and gain new skills
We will contact you regarding the next steps in the application process if you are shortlisted. The selected fellows must complete all the phases of the program to receive certification.
Decision timeline: You will be notified within 1-3 weeks after submitting the application and can start the Fellowship as soon as you are offered.