We are pleased to announce that applications are open for the 2021 Hawkins Fellowship. The objective of this fellowship organized by Code for Nepal and Open Knowledge Nepal is to help underprivileged youth to increase their access to the competitive tech market. ResumeDidi will serve s a Personal Development Coach for the selected fellows. Youths from disadvantaged backgrounds, especially Provinces 2 and 6 are highly encouraged to apply by January 25, 2021.
About the Fellowship program
The Hawkins Fellowship by Code for Nepal and Open Knowledge Nepal includes:
- A Coursera or Edex course and up to $100 grant to cover certification cost. Organizers will directly make the payment for the certificate to the course provider after the fellow completes the course.
- 15 hours of Personal Development Training with ResumeDidi, a career service organization.
- A four-week virtual internship program with Open Knowledge Nepal and partners.
- Profile building and boosting via the organizer network.
- A digital certificate from Open Knowledge Nepal and Code for Nepal after the completion of the fellowship.
Learning outcomes of the fellowship
- Technical skills: Data, open-source, and web development
- Soft skills: Marketing, public speaking, and negotiation skills.
- Networking and recognization
- Project Management and portfolio building
Personal Development Training session includes
- Session 1: Public Speaking
- Session 2: Financial Literacy
- Session 3: Negotiation for beginners
- Session 4: Branding 101
- Session 5: Emotional and Mental Wellness
- Session 6: CV and Resume Writing
- Application Open: December 20, 2020
- Deadline to Apply: January 25, 2021
- Number of Fellows for this intake: 15
Applicants must meet the following criteria to apply
- Able to complete the program
- Young professional or final year Bachelor's students
- Background in basic programming
We will call for interviews if you are shortlisted. The selected fellows must complete all the phases of the program to receive certification.
Fellowship timeline: February 15 - May 15, 2021